Wagner SprayTech EPX 2355 delivers 17% more output then the EPX2255 and the EPX2355 is the perfect paint sprayer for residential repaints and smaller commercial jobs. It’s the ideal one man sprayer lightweight and portable, yet rugged and dependable. Sprays all coatings from stains and sealers to enamel latex and light elastometrics.
0.027” Max Tip
1.7 HP PMDC Brushless Motor
Full-Size Manifold Filter
Electronic Pressure Control
Complete with G-10 Gun, Hose & 517 Tip
15’ Power Cord
what’s the meaning of PMDC ? it’s Permanent Magnet Direct Current motor.
it’s divided into brush or brushless two types motors.
With the advent of cheap computers and power transistors, it became possible to “turn the motor inside out” and eliminate the brushes. In a brushless DC motor (BLDC), you put the permanent magnets on the rotor and you move the electromagnets to the stator. Then you use a computer (connected to high-power transistors) to charge up the electromagnets as the shaft turns. This system has all sorts of advantages:
Public domain image
The poles on the stator of a two-phase BLDC motor used to power a computer cooling fan. The rotor has been removed.
• Because a computer controls the motor instead of mechanical brushes, it’s more precise. The computer can also factor the speed of the motor into the equation. This makes brushless motors more efficient.
• There is no sparking and much less electrical noise.
• There are no brushes to wear out.
• With the electromagnets on the stator, they are very easy to cool.
• You can have a lot of electromagnets on the stator for more precise control.
The only disadvantage of a brushless motor is its higher initial cost, but you can often recover that cost through the greater efficiency over the life of the motor.