Prepare the surface for 喷涂. Cover any and all things that are not to be painted, including yourself. When喷涂, there will be misting/fogging and this paint will end up everywhere. It has the same characteristics as fine sheetrock dust and will float and 套装tle. Light synthetic coveralls should be worn along with spray hood, safty glasses and respirator.
无气喷枪 come in many different configurations and designs but all have the same general features and controls. The basic idea behind how a sprayers works is that it 泵s the paint and forces it out a very small喷咀 on the 喷枪. There is no air or air compressor involved, hence the name "无气" 喷枪. They will apply a lot of paint very quickly and can make a tedious job very easy and quick.
- If 涂装inside, cover/mask floors, walls, light fixtures, doorknobs, hinges, light switches, etc.
- If 涂装outside, the paint you spray 15 or 20 feet up onto a second story can float and carry in the wind. Cover all landscaping, neighbors' house, fences, etc.
- Always keep the 喷枪 pointed at the surface to be painted and keep it moving in a horizontal motion. Never spray without your hand in motion.
- Start moving your hand, and then pull back the trigger to start 喷涂.
- Release the trigger and then stop motion of your hand to stop 喷涂.
- When you are finished 喷涂, thoroughly clean the sprayer. All the paint must be cleaned out after each use.
- Never mix oil-based paint with water or latex paint and never mix paint thinner with latex paint.
- Treat your 无气喷涂机 like a 喷枪. Be careful to keep children and untrained people away.
- The 喷咀 where the paint comes out is extremely small and prone to clogging. Any small piece of dust or sand or dried paint will clog the spray喷咀. To help minimize this problem strain the paint whenever possible with a synthetic paint strainer (never use cheesecloth). When renting or buying a sprayer, always get one with a reversable喷咀 installed. If you get a clog, this allows you to quickly reverse the spraytip, clear out the clog, reverse it back and proceed with 喷涂.
How to Use an 无气喷涂机
- 无气 喷枪s operate at very 高压s and can very easily cause injures if you were to spray your skin or any part of your 体. You may actually inject paint into your tissues or bloodstream through your skin without having an obvious cut or bleeding. The skin can open up and allow the passage of the paint through and then close off again making it appear that nothing is wrong. This is a "fluid injection injury", and should be treated by a 专业immediately.
- Even when a sprayer is off and unplugged it can have pressure trapped in the machine until it has been released. Always make sure that each time you turn off the machine, you release the pressure in the 系统 by opening the prime valve or by pulling the trigger on the 喷枪 and喷涂 into an empty bucket.
- 无气 喷枪s are able to spray a wide variety of paint 喷涂产品 but do not spray coatings with textures or grits.
For larger涂装jobs, an 无气喷涂机 is the most efficient way to apply paint. An 无气喷涂机 uses an electrically run 液压 泵 to move paint from a bucket or container, through a tube, into a high-pressure 高压管, to a 喷枪, and, finally, to the surface. Once you get the knack of it, an 无气喷涂机 is easy to use, but if you rent one, make sure you get a 套装 of written instructions.
The instructions will tell you how to flush the 系统 with solvent (usually water or mineral spirits, depending on the paint you'll be using) and how to 泵 the paint through the 高压管 to the 喷枪. For cleanup, the procedure is reversed: 泵 the leftover paint out and flush with solvent.
You'll only need the spray rig for a day or two, but plan to spend at least another day beforehand to thoroughly mask off everything you don't want to paint. Tape drop cloths to every floor surface. Drape windows, the fireplace, and doors. Remove all hardware or cover it with masking tape. Mask switches and outlets. Paint from a sprayer travels on the tiniest of air currents and 套装tles a fine mist of overspray on just about every surface in a room.
Plan to keep at least one window in each room open and 套装 up an exhaust fan to draw paint vapor out of the room. Be sure, too, to wear a painters' mask, a hat, and old clothes with long sleeves to protect your arms.
无气 sprayers are 配备 several过滤网s to keep paint particles and foreign matter from clogging the spray喷咀, but it's a good idea to过滤网 the paint yourself through a 尼龙 stocking or paint过滤网 before you 泵 the paint through the 高压管.
Using an 无气喷涂机 effectively takes some getting used to, so plan to practice on some scrap plywood or an inconspicuous part of the room or the house. The object is to cover the surface with a uniform coating of paint. Hold the 喷枪 a constant 6 to 12 inches from the surface and maintain this distance with each pass of the 喷枪. Keep the 喷枪 precisely parallel to the wall. Don't sweep it back and forth or you'll end up with a wide arc of paint on the wall; the paint will be concentrated in the middle of the arc and almost transparent at each end.
Paint about a 3-foot horizontal strip at one time, then release the trigger and drop down to paint another strip of the same length, overlapping the first strip by one-third to one-half. Once you've covered a 3-foot-wide area from the top of the wall to the bottom, go back to the top and start another 3-foot section adjacent to the first, overlapping the edge of the first painted area by several inches as you work your way down the wall again.
Examine the painted areas to make sure the entire surface is receiving a uniform coat of paint. Too much will run or drip; too little will let the old paint show through. If you notice these flaws, it means you are not keeping the 喷枪 a uniform distance from the wall at all times or that you are tilting it. An upward tilt will deliver excess paint to the bottom of the painted strip. A downward tilt will concentrate paint at the top of the strip.
To 前一个ent paint buildup at the end of each strip, release the trigger on the 喷枪 a fraction of a second before the 喷枪 stops moving at the end of your stroke. When beginning a new strip, start moving the 喷枪 a fraction of a second before compressing the trigger. Always keep the 喷枪 moving when it's喷涂.
Be sure, too, that you've properly thinned the paint and adjusted the pressure control according to the 工厂制造商's instructions. If there is too much or too little thinner or too high or too low a pressure, the spray of paint won't atomize properly.
Using an 无气喷涂机 Safely
无气喷涂机s are fast and efficient because they supply pressures of up to 3,000 pounds per square inch. This force moves the paint at 100 to 200 miles an hour through the spray喷咀. All that power can be dangerous. Consequently, treat an 无气喷涂机 with lots of respect, follow the 工厂制造商's instructions to the letter. Use the following precautions to 前一个ent accident or injury:
- Keep the 喷枪's safety lock on when you're not 喷涂.
- Make sure the 喷枪 has a trigger guard and a safety shield around its喷咀.
- If the spray喷咀 becomes clogged, do not try to clear it by pressing your finger on it while the paint is being sprayed. Keep your fingers away from the喷咀 when the sprayer is operating.
- Never point the 喷枪 at anyone else or allow anyone to point it at you.
- Always turn the sprayer off and disconnect it from its 电动 source before you clean out the 喷枪 or the sprayer's过滤网s. Even then, if you have to clean the喷咀, squeeze the trigger to release any built-up pressure in the 高压管.
- Only work in a well-ventilated area, wear a painters' mask to avoid inhaling fumes, and don't smoke or work around open flames. If you're working outside, don't leave containers of solvents sitting in the hot sun; put them in the garage or another shady spot.
- Never leave the sprayer within reach of children or pets.
An Excellent Way to Paint
无气喷枪 are one of the best inventions of all time. Only the brush and roller can be considered more important.
无气喷涂机s can apply a wide range of coatings and finishes in less time than any other application method. Plus apply the coating at any thickness desired.
无气 喷枪 refers to a method of applying house paint at 高压 to atomize the paint. This method works by forcing the paint, or primer, through a small喷咀 opening at very 高压.
无气喷涂机s do not use compressed air.
The basic components of the 无气 喷枪 are a 泵, 高压管, 喷枪 and喷咀.
There are two 泵 types, 柱塞 and 隔膜. Both work very well. But the 隔膜 type won’t be able to 泵 the very thick materials like a 柱塞泵 can.
The most versatile 无气喷枪 are the 柱塞 泵 types.
- A 柱塞泵 has many components including a 柱塞, packings, and check valves. The 柱塞 moves up creating a vacuum to suck up the paint into a chamber, the fluid section, and down to push the paint into a high-pressure 高压管.
The packings create a seal to 前一个ent pressure losses during operation. 专业无气喷涂机s use self-adjusting packings to 前一个ent premature wear and the need for repairs.
Check valves, or ball and seat valves, direct the flow of material from the fluid section of the 泵 to the 高压管. This 前一个ents the paint from being 泵ed back through the pick-up tube.
All 柱塞泵s have these components in one form or another.
- A 隔膜 泵 also uses a 柱塞, but in a different way. The 柱塞 moves 液压 fluid to move the 隔膜, which in turn sucks up the paint and then pushes it through the 高压管 and 喷枪.
No moving parts touch the 隔膜. The movement of the 柱塞 and 液压 fluid cause the 隔膜 to move up and down very rapidly.
There are no packings with this design, but check valves are still necessary.
High-pressure 高压管 is necessary for this application method.
This 高压管 is rated for the maximum output pressure of the 泵; 3000 psi is the typical operating pressure.
The attached fittings are ¼ inch and will work with most units. This is very tough 高压管 that is kink resistant and capable of withstanding very 高压.
Never attempt to repair this 高压管 as personal injury could result. It is best to replace than repair.
The 喷枪 is a valve that is used to control the 无气 喷枪 and hold the喷咀. With a handle and trigger it resembles a hand喷枪.
When the trigger is pulled the valve is opened and paint is allowed to travel to the喷咀 and finally to the surface being painted.
Comfort is a big factor in choosing the right 喷枪.
Manufactures produce 2 and 4 finger 枪. The numbers, 2 or 4, refers to the amount of fingers needed to pull the trigger.
I like the 2 finger 无气喷枪 for their comfort and balance. Choosing a spray喷咀 is difficult and depends on the capabilities of your 泵 and the material being sprayed. This choice will affect the performance and effectiveness of your 无气 喷枪.
These are the basic components of all 无气 paint sprayers. The type you choose to own will depend on your expectations and needs. Remember the thicker the material to be sprayed the more power you will need.
Crowder涂装owns a variety of 专业无气泵s including,
695 电动�C This is an excellent 柱塞泵 that is very powerful and capable of performing almost any paint喷涂 task.
ED1150 电动隔膜泵 �C used for fine finish喷涂 and power rolling.
泰坦 390 电动柱塞泵 �C this 泵 is at leased 10-12 years old and still going. Capable of fine finish喷涂 and涂装the exterior of your home.
泰坦 390 gas 柱塞泵 �C another old 泵 that is used exclusively for exteriors and is powerful enough to 泵 light block fill or thick house paint.